About Richard Baldwin Yachts
Richard Baldwin Yachts was established in 1998 out of a genuine passion for sailing yachts. The business has three core functions;
1. Brokerage - the sale of second-hand sailing yachts, generally from 35 feet to 75 feet in length.
2. New SOLARIS yacht sales. We are the official Solaris representative for the UK and Ireland.
3. Maintenance and refit to support our existing customers.
We are full members of the YBDSA (Yacht Brokers Designers and Surveyors Association), and the British Marine Federation. As such, we operate a separate client bank account to handle clients funds for the purchase of a second-hand yacht. We hold full professional indemnity insurance and operate within the guidelines laid down by these authorities.
We have had a long association with Berthon International in Lymington, probably the most respected brokerage company in Europe, and from 2012 have formed a much closer relationship, in particular assisting Berthon in the development of their Mediterranean brokerage operations.
We are privileged to represent this 'boutique' yard, located near Venice. Established in the early 1970's, Solaris offer quality semi-custom performance cruisers from the entry level Solaris One 37 through to the custom Solaris 72.
Maintenance and Refit
Many customers have little time to maintain their own yachts; we therefore offer the following project management service;
- Lift-ashore, antifouling, anode replacement, cleaning and polishing, re-launch.
- Delivery and collection, worldwide.
- Servicing of engines, generators, water-makers, winches and deck gear.
- Installation of new equipment, typically but not limited to; generators, bow-thrusters, electric winches, Harken deck gear, holding tanks, electric toilets, and electronics.
- Repair or replacement of teak decks, and hull painting.
- Rigging work.
- Sail repairs and servicing, and supplying new North Sails.